There are lots of ways to get involved with the Climate Action Plan! Whether working for ClimateActionWR or one of the many Local Sustainability Leaders in Waterloo Region we have plenty of Job and Volunteer positions for you to explore. Every year we also reach out to find passionate business and community leaders for our Sector Committees. The Sector Committee applications process for 2018 has now closed. However, recruitment for the 2019 Sector Committees will begin in September 2018.
We are always on the look for local sustainability initiatives to support as well as for potential sponsors. We would love to get to know you better. Together we can reach our community wide greenhouse gas (GHG) reduction target.
If you would like to receive more information on ClimateActionWR please sign up for our newsletter!
OPPORTUNITY TO ENGAGE:
- ClimateActionWR is taking a proposed long-term greenhouse gas emission reduction target to councils in Waterloo Region!
- ClimateActionWR is proposing an 80% GHG reduction target below 2010 levels to be reached by 2050, and you can help make it happen. The confirmed dates of the presentations to the councils of the three cities and the Region are as follows:
- City of Kitchener: April 9, 2018 - Complete!
- City of Waterloo: April 23, 2018 - Complete!
- City of Cambridge: May 1, 2018 - Complete!
- Region of Waterloo: May 29, 2018 - Complete!
- Check this page for updates on confirmed dates.
- There are two ways you can help:
- 1) Before the meeting, send an email to your councillors to tell them that you support the long-term target. Find more information about how to contact councillors from the cities of Cambridge, Kitchener, Water
loo, and the Region of Waterloo.
- 2) At the meeting, you can do a brief presentation to council (called a delegation) to share your views on the proposed target. You can find information online about how to sign up ahead of time to speak to the council of Cambridge, Kitchener, Water
loo, or the Region of Waterloo.
- Use the "10 Things to Know About a Long-Term Target" as a guide for writing letters or delegations!